Friday, July 1, 2022

Friday check in: the stash report and a new flimsy

 Rabbit, rabbit!   Welcome, July!

The ALA Annual Conference was GREAT.  I will post the account this weekend.   Suffice it to say it was wonderful to see friends and colleagues in person again.  

I got home early Tuesday afternoon.  My husband did all right in my absence and I appreciate the neighbors who kept an eye out and friends who came to visit him.


The stash report for June:   some planned, some unplanned growth but all very satisfying.  

Fabric IN:  1272 yards, $595.  Average $2.13 per yard.  (That includes 1200 for $233 for my birthday stash bash, a garage sale, and a visit to two great shops in downstate Bloomington.) 

Left: the birthday stash bash, refolded.

Fabric OUT: 119-3/4 yards.  (That includes 88 yards shipped to two quilting friends--sharing that birthday bounty.)

YTD fabric IN:  1510-5/8 yards, $849. Average $1.77 per yard.

YTD fabric OUT:  391 yards.

Net GAIN: 1119 yards.  (I hereby give up on breaking even for 2022.) 

# # # # # # 

The new flimsy was inspired by a Weeks Ringle design that was published in American Patchwork and Quilting. That quilt was scrappy monochrome (all blue).  The bars are 3-1/2" x 12-1/2" unfinished. The flimsy is 60 x 66.  All batiks.

It looks crooked in the photo but that's because of hasty pressing.









Carduus nutans / nodding thistle about to bloom.


Linking up at  Finished or Not Friday


 






7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you enjoyed that conference! I do miss attending a couple of the statewide conferences I used to attend. Learning something new and connecting with old friends and colleagues - definitely good for the soul and the brain. Have an awesome holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice scrappy as always nann....glad all went well and you had fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh that is a great scrappy!!
    And the bunnies... Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a delightful conference, a well kept husband, and a new quilt top. I always enjoy seeing how to move our scraps along and like this mix of scrap with one larger yardage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that Week Ringold inspired quilt. I may have to try that idea one of these days.

    I started seeds last year and planted some Rattlesnake Master in my native wildflower area hoping to see some blooms this year but the borers got every single one of them before they bloomed. And they have been in the Butterfly Weed too.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.