Friday, May 6, 2022

Friday check in: bargains!

 It was rummage sale night at the guild meeting on Wednesday.   Members could buy tables for $20 and sell quilt-related stuff.   I bought a table and a half (Irene shared the other half).  I rounded up fabric, books, kits, and notions that I figured I'd never get around to using.   I made $135!  Less the $30 for the table-and-a-half = $105.


BUT  several members of the guild are very involved with Project Linus. They brought totes and totes and totes of donated fabric and yarn.   The fabric was $3 per pound (= .75 per yard).  Lots of brand names.  Fat quarters and yardage.  How could I resist?  I grabbed everything that looked interesting.  I paid $26.  That's 110 yards!   

Here's the haul at home.   I've refolded it all and put it on the shelves.   Such potential!  

I'm leaving at noon to pick up Erika and Karen.  We're headed to the AAUW-IL state convention in Naperville.  After two years of Zoom state meetings it will be grand to gather in person!  

Linking up with  Finished or Not Friday

3 comments:

  1. At that price I'd fall off the wagon too

    ReplyDelete
  2. couldn't pass that up no way no how...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I’d give my eye teeth to run into a sale like that! Even our QFK fabric scraps have been lean pickin’s since we’ve made an effort this spring to use them up in string and crumb blocks to insert in our quilt kits. I know the donations will pick up over the warmer months (at least I hope they will!). Good on you making $$ while essentially swapping stuff for treasures!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.