Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Midweek: new projects

 When I went into the Parts Department box to get HSTs for last week's project I came across a ziploc bag with 32 3-1/2" pinwheels. They were made from the cutaway corners from a long-ago project.   Look what happened!   

The old pinwheels are in the nine-patch blocks.  I made new pinwheels for the cornerstones with a different gold print -- but, by golly, I still had some of that very same tone-on-tone neutral.  

This is an odd size -- 39 x 51.  Maybe I'll add another border. Maybe I won't.





If you do the math you'll note that 6 blocks times 5 pinwheels = 30.  Yes, I have two of those old pinwheels. 



The guild BOM for April is Gwen Marston-style baskets.  Here's my entry.  










While going through patterns-torn-from-magazines I found Asterisk.  (This particular pattern was by Karen Griska in McCall's Quilting, but it was also a Block Lotto selection.)  I think I've got the beginning of the 2022 AAUW holiday raffle quilt.


What I *really* need to work on is my OMG project, the daisy-themed tote bag.  Maybe by this weekend??


Linking up with Midweek Makers  and Wednesday Wait Loss



3 comments:

  1. I love to make new treasures out of found treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. parts dept....LOL nann...love the asterisk and of course little pinwheels always good...glad to see you are keeping busy...gotta get going on my OMG as well...quilting the last row now

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely little projects! The nine patch quilt you made from scraps is wonderful. I love Gwen and your version of her improv baskets is beautiful!! Asterisk is definitely a pattern worth pulling from a magazine and making. So many wonderful projects in progress! Thanks for sharing them all on Wednesday Wait Loss. It's been a while, and it's so nice to have you back.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.