Friday, April 22, 2022

Friday check-in: quilt presented, asterisks, and fabric pull

 


My husband's barber is moving out of town.  The shop closes on Saturday. We stopped by yesterday to thank her for five years of great haircuts (and for listening to his stories).  She said her new stepkids love to read with her and now they can snuggle under a quilt.  (It's my version of Bonnie Hunter's Bitcoin.)

# # # # #



I'm having fun making asterisk blocks in Christmas prints!   

These are 6.5" unf.  I'm planning on making 90 blocks.





Here is the fabric pull for the tote bag that's my OMG for April.  (Will I have it finished in a week?)  


Linking up at Finished or Not Friday


8 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely gift! I'm sure she will treasure it. Hope your husband finds a new barber who loves quilts too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift that quilt is--so pretty! I love your Christmas asterisk blocks--I have never tried those--they look like fun to make...hugs for a great weekend julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. anyone would love one of your quilts nann...and oh that asterisk...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet parting gift! Love the asterisks ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful gift! And your asterisks blocks are so pretty. An asterisk quilt is on my want-to-do list. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful gifted quilt! I’ve noted your asterisk blocks. Love them. Good luck with the omg!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is so sweet!! She will cherish it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course you will get that tote done this week! Very nice to gift a quilt to his barber.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.