Friday, February 25, 2022

Friday check in: two blue ribbons and a quick start/finish


As Steffi and I were driving to the The GFWC Tenth District Art Show on Wednesday we turned onto an enchanted scene.  The ice-coated trees on both sides of the road just sparkled in the sunshine.

Art show results:  I won blue ribbons for both my entries.  Confession: blue ribbons were a  foregone conclusion since they were the ONLY entries in the two categories!  Attendance at the monthly D10 luncheons has dwindled due to Covid and participation in the art show is way, way down.  But, hey, I'll take blue ribbons when they're offered.

(I made Batiks by the Sea in  early 2020 quilted later that year   The Roses and Pearls wall hanging was the guild 2021 challenge.)




I am procrastinating big time on  the birdhouse quilt -- you know, the one that has both a destination and a deadline. 

 I pulled out the brights from the box of 2" (unfin.) HSTs, made pinwheels, and framed them.   I set them on-point with new fabric (last fall) for the squares and old fabric (from years and years ago) for the setting triangles and binding.  

Here's the back.  44 x 58.

I have another quilt under the needle now, because I'm still procrastinating . . .

# # # # # #


Linking up with Finished or Not Friday and TGIFF





P.S.  Note to self:  take the garbage cans to the street BEFORE the overnight 5" snowfall. 

Light and fluffy now. It will melt by Sunday.





6 comments:

  1. Those are both great quilts! the totally deserve the blue ribbons!
    and the trees - they are just so pretty with the frost on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree-both your quilts are blue ribbon worthy. Lovely work you do on all your quilts. So nice to be out and about again. Happy Stitching Nann from me in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your show ribbons for those beautiful entries, Nann! Just remember that they don't HAVE to award a ribbon to you simply because you were the only entrant. You EARNED those ribbons! You did a great job on your procrastination project, too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kinda like my third place at the state fair when there were only three entries. Like you, I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. heh heh...i don't think we got much more than 5" all winter...lol....lovely pinwheels and congrats on the ribbons....regardless of the situation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your blue ribbons! The quilts are lovely! Glad the snow didn't stay long! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.