Friday, January 21, 2022

Friday check in: QBL and some progress

82 looks good, doesn't it?



 Look who had a birthday on Tuesday!  We had pancakes as a celebratory breakfast.  I posted the photo on Facebook and reported to him the number of comments and "likes."  He was surprised and appreciative. 







The tumbling ribbons wall hanging from last weekend's workshop is QBL -- quilted, bound, and labeled.   


I decided on a simple pieced border for the floral applique wall hanging. It's under the needle now.  I will wait until it's finished to post pictures.


I made the setting "triangle" and corner units for Rhododendron Trail.


Here's the initial layout. There are more blocks than this.  (Because my studio is in the basement the ceiling is low and thus the design wall isn't tall.  Many of my quilts get put together sideways.)   

I think my "garnets" are very dark and some of the pinks are quite light.   The skinny turquoise sashing will provide both breathing space and a pop of contrast.  

Linking up with Finished or Not Friday   

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your husband! Pancakes would make my hubbie happy too, but he would want them for supper. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking good so far nann...i like the colors she chose for this one...and happy birthday to stevens! it's always good to have more of those...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job making the setting triangles for Rhododendron Trail. I still need to finish mine, but I'm hoping to get it done this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Happy Birthday to your hubby! Pancakes are always welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Happy Birthday!!! THose pancakes look yummy!!
    Your RT is gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.