Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Quilt shops along the way

 There were quilt shops!   Yes, dear readers, I indulged.  

I didn't have any particular fabrics in mind (too soon for the Quiltville  mystery colors). I stuck to the sales shelves and got some colorful bargains. 


Shipshewana, Indiana:   Yoder's Department Store.  We only had a few minutes so I went to the quilt shop just inside the entry of the Yoder's "mall."  All brights and batiks. I bought four half-yard pieces.  Only later did I learn that inside the Yoder's store itself there's an entire fabric department.  I will just have to go back.




Williamstown, Massachusetts:   Karen's Quilting Corner   Lots of brights and  a good selection of reproductions. There was a shop hop going on so it was busy that Saturday. 


Lyndonville, Vermont:  Sewin Love Fabric Shoppe.   No photos.  Good clearance selection. 



Fairlee, Vermont:    Barnyard Quilting Wow!   It was drizzling outside but so bright and sunny inside. (Kaffe! Tula! Batik!)   



Keene, New Hampshire:  New England Fabric and Decorating Center  Home dec, upholstery, some apparel, and quilt fabric.  The anniversary sale was 20% off all full-priced fabric.  

He was not tempted by the sewing machines.  



Rumney, New Hampshire:  North Country Quilters Sew N Vac     Who'd expect a huge selection of fabric and machines -- plus vacuum repair! -- in a small town?  A good sale section, too.  






11 comments:

  1. oooh tempting goods indeed....i think i'm in need of a shop hop...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you missed Quilted Threads in Henniker, NH - it is amazing. Thanks for sharing your road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize you were back! I'll have to come back and catch up on your other posts. Just came for a quick stop now on a sewing break. Looks like quite an array of pretty fabrics have joined your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You missed Lolly's in Shipshe, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of those bright happy colors would fit right into my stash too. Beautiful choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must have a very patient husband! What fun to travel and have time to visit so many fabric stores.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow you found some good stores to enhance your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What’ a wonderful trip.! I’ve just spent the last few minutes catching up on all your adventures. Your trip reminded me of several trip we have made to the same area. Can you hear the envy in my voice? Good to hear about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea for the new fabric. It’s always fun to get new to us to spark up our stashes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what fun to visit so many cute fabric store to search for the perfect colors and bargains!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.