Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Libraries along the way

 Nearly every town in the northeast has a public library.  I shared photos of two in earlier posts (Mentor, OH, and St. Johnsbury, VT.)   


Top left:  Merrill Library, Rumney, NH.  Center:  Smith Library, Chautauqua.  Top right: Nichols Library, Center Harbor, NH.  Bottom left:  Tenney Memorial Library, Newfane, VT. Center: Angelica Free Library, Angelica, NY.  Center right:  Fairlee PL, Vermont.   Bottom center:  McIndoe Falls, Vermont (built 1853 as McIndoe Falls Academy; now also houses the post office).  Bottom right: Whiting, VT. 
                                                                                                                                                 
There's a charming one-room seasonal library at Joe's Pond, west of Danville, VT.  (Danville has a year-round library but I didn't take a photo.)   The Little Free Library out back is a replica complete with the book drop next to the front door. 






  


This Gaylord promotional poster was in the elevator entrance to the St. Johnsbury Athenaeum. (Contemporary frame for a vintage piece.)
 







 



3 comments:

  1. At our son's house, at least a dozen trick or treaters took books from their LFL - and they were so excited/happy to get a book along with their treats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how sweet that dear seasonal library is with it's "mini me" Little Free Library, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool ever town had a library. Many of the places I’ve lived didn’t have libraries. Love the LFL. I’ve visited the one down the street from my daughter’s house. Hum, I think I’ll give her some books to put in it.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.