Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Midweek: October accomplishments, the Stash Report, and November plans

 


While we were away my Janome was in the shop for a long-overdue cleaning.   I took it in on Wednesday (10/6). We left on Friday.   Fortunately the Singer 301 was at hand.   I hadn't used it in a long time but it fired right up and I could sew those final two evenings.

Rather than begin something elaborate I turned to the box of 2.5" squares.  I made 11 sixteen-patches before the trip and the remainder when we returned.   They called for a simple setting.   This will be a nice donation quilt.

I picked up the Janome last Friday (10/29).   



My One Monthly Goal for October was to set the framed four-patch blocks I made for the 2021 Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  (I combined the green and lime green months.)  I didn't get a photo posted in time for the OMG link up because  I was determined to write all the travelog posts first.  

It's 60 x 60.  I auditioned borders but everything I tried detracted from the design.  I can imagine it with a black-and-white striped binding.

# # # # # # #

Stash report, October: 

 Fabric IN:  83-3/8 yards, $309

Fabric OUT:  38-1/2

YTD fabric IN:  280-1/2, $1406  (avg. $5.01/yd)

YTD fabric OUT: 410      

# # # # # # #

It's time to declare an OMG for November.   The box o' flimsies is filling up.  My goal is to quilt three of them.   (And, as I type this, the sixteen-patch pictured at the beginning of this post is basted and under the needle.) 

Linking up with  One Monthly Goal and Midweek Makers  and Scrap Happy Saturday

14 comments:

  1. Ohh I really like that framed 4 patch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This 4 patch looks great, Nann !! I make a bundle of 4 patches from scrappy cuts of a year or so ago, and i have skinny strips set aside to border them, BUT BUT the skinny strips are mostly prints, so the combo could look really wild. but it's set aside for sew day at church.... mindless sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coming to your blog. You amaze me with your hiking, and reading and of course, quilting. You always have something going on. I am taking your idea for bitcoin and adding long rows in between as well. Thanks for being there to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it always amazes me that simple blocks done with fantastic fabrics turn out spectacular quilts...this is no exception....very nice indeed nann...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two lovely quilt tops, Nann, and you know that scrappy is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found another box of little squares and your sixteen patch may be a good way to use many of them up. I always need baby quilts.
    You had a delightful vacation. So smart to take your machine in while you were gone. I try to do that, too. Otherwise we'd both go into withdrawal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your RSC quilt came together beautifully! Good luck with your OMG for November. I'm still figuring out my OMG for the month. How can it be November already?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been making 4-patches with the leftovers from Masala Box. I think framing them is a good idea. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure jumped right back in on your return. The four patches are pretty as well as the 16 patch quilt. I like the ideas of black and white for the framed four patch’s.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're RSC 2021 quilt is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see what you decide for borders.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’ve been seeing my 2.5” squares together also. Haven’t decided whether I’ll make a quilt once they are 16 patches or donate them to the guild. I’ll be getting my RSC blocks to the top stage this week or next. Yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i really like your framed 4 patches: simple, but stunning! I'll have to keep that in mind...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that framed 4-patch! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two great flimsies. I agree, no border needed.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.