Friday, November 12, 2021

Friday check in: goal accomplished and a new project

 

I first read "In Flanders Fields" in junior high. The powerful image has stayed with me all these years.  Take a couple of minutes to read about the inspiration  in this story

Our Rotary program (Zoom) on Thursdas was about Quilts of Valor. The presenter is a quilting friend who is an active QOV volunteer (and a veteran herself).  Rotary members were impressed.  I learned a lot more, too. 

# # # # # # # 

My OMG for November is to quilt three flimsies.  I've done that!  I showed  photo of the first on Monday.  Here are the other two.  The backings for both are all-the-same fabric, no interesting piecing. 




My version of Bitcoin.  



HeartStrings blocks pieced and set earlier this year.  Of the dozens of HS quilts I've made this is the first with an "exploding" setting.




Here's the new project.  I should be able to get it to the flimsy stage this weekend. 


Linking up today: Finished or Not Friday

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?

9 comments:

  1. I love the story and the poem of Flanders Field. I'm really loving all your projects!!! I love your bitcoin quilt and I think the red vertical stripes really make it POP! Love the strippy project and that pinwheel quilt is awesome!!! Have a great day Nann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness...you are on a roll! Congrats on meeting your goal so early in the month. Now you have time to quilt up three more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All lovely quilt projects. I especially love the exploding strings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You have been so productive! And such pretty quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your QOV speaker was a success! Each of your quilts is pretty but that last one - omg!! I love it and it made me think of peppermint candy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's very impressive to reach your goal so early in the month. You definitely deserve to start something new. Your quilts are beautiful, and I especially love your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each of these quilts is beautiful! Love the Bitcoin with the red stripes setting off the scrappy strips and yes, In Flanders Fields is so powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make such amazing quilts!!! I love that third one!!!
    What more did you learn about QOV? that is so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on finishing you OMG goal before even half the month is over. In Flanders Field has been set to music. A church choir I was in used to sing it for Veterans Day. Talk about an impossibility. By the end I’d be in tears trying to control my voice. I love the song and the message.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.