Friday, October 1, 2021

Friday check in: a September finish, the stash report, and OMG October

 


Rabbit, rabbit!  (Here is the explanation of the good-luck legend.) 

We get our Pfizer booster shots this morning --another good luck token.

# # # # # # #


Here's a collage of Michaelmas daisies for Michaelmas Day, September 29. (It's also Archangels Day but the other archangels don't have fall wildflowers named after them.)  

According to Wikipedia the traditional meal features goose . We're not High Church so we had chicken.  Maybe next year I'll remember to bake a version of St. Michael's bannock.  

# # # # # # 



I quilted the tilted slab blocks. The bias I mentioned in the previous post was not a problem after all. 

When I re-rolled the quilt sandwich to quilt the borders I found piecing mistakes.  Row 3 and row 4 are tilted the same way.  Too late to change them!


The print on the lower left is a William Morris reproduction from the late 1990s. Rose & Hubble, I think.   "I can't cut this!"  "Yes, you can!"  and I did.

# # # # # #

The stash report:

September fabric IN  25-1/2 yards, $51.00

September fabric OUT  31-1/8 yards

YTD  fabric IN  297-1/8, $1097, average $3.69/yard

YTF fabric OUT 371-1/2

Net reduction:74 yards

# # # # # # # #

My OMG for October is to figure out a setting for the framed four-patches I've made for Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  RSC October is lime green. Because I used limes when I made green blocks earlier in the year I'm not going to make another batch.

# # # # # # # # 

Linking up with Finished or Not Friday  One Monthly Goal Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?



8 comments:

  1. That top dances so much that I never noticed the "mistake" until you pointed it out. My eyes just didn't rest long enough in any one spot to take in the fact that rows 3 & 4 were "out of step".

    Unfortunately, my first words this morning were "shit shit shit shit" as I leapt out of bed and tried to ease the cramps in both calves before I started screaming (didn't want to wake the folks). Otherwise, I was all prepared to rabbit.

    Bird 'Pie (putting potassium tablets back in her diet)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks wonderful, and the tilting of rows appears as a deliberate design choice. No one but you will probably ever notice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The slant of row 3 and 4 is not a distraction from the scrappy beauty. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on that playful quilt finish! You cut super special fabric? Way to go, Nann!! The fabric can't fulfil its purpose unless we USE it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The slab blocks look great! The mistake of rows 3+4 is a design choice! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your booster. I got mine, too.
    The quilt looks good. I didn't notice the problem rows either. I had some Rose and Hubble fabric for a back years ago. The hand was so soft and lovely. It's still comfortable to wrap in. I'll bet yours is, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tilted Slabs is Awesome!!! What a great way to use those scraps and blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tilted slabs quilt looks great. I hadn’t noticed the design element until you mentioned it. Coincidentally, I used some old Rose and Hubble fabric in the Santa sacks I’m making for my October OMG.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.