Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Welcome September: stash report, Bitcoin, and OMG

 


Rabbit, rabbit goes back to school.  

(Here is an explanation of this folklore.)


# # # # # #

Stash report, August: 

Fabric IN:  38-1/2 yards, $195

Fabric OUT: 45-7/8

YTD fabric IN:  271-5/8 yards,, $1046, average $3.85

YTD fabric OUT:  340 yards

NET:  68 yards USED (yay!)

# # # # # # #

I finished piecing my version of Bonnie Hunter's Bitcoin.  It is trickier to line up the columns than it appears. 4-5/8 yards used. 

I need to trim the top.  I'm not 100% wild about this but I can imagine using the 1.5 x 2.5 column idea in alternate settings.

# # # # # # #

My OMG for September is to make a holiday-themed quilt as an AAUW fundraiser.  I have red and green baskets in mind.  

Linking up with OMG September and Midweek Makers


5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the fast Bitcoins finish. Kinda looks like zippers in between the red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, that first thing I thought when Bonnie posted that quilt was 'UGH, all those seams to line up!!!'. The primary reason I wouldn't even consider that quilt. HA You did a good job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice...pretty sure you did much better than i would have...somebody will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s difficult to keep columns straight without posts. I’ve tried pressing creases at certain points and marking distances. Still tough, though.
    And I see the zipper effect others mentioned. Cute.
    Red and green baskets sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohhh I love your version of bitcoin! Very cool!
    It is harder to deal with those long columns than one would imagine!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.