Friday, July 16, 2021

Friday check in: Protective Coloration is a flimsy

But first, some state park photos.   As we drove into the park we saw a man on a bicycle, stopped, looking at a turtle in the middle of the road.  I pulled over.  "It's a snapper," the man said.  He retrieved a forked branch from the roadside and I took pictures as he encouraged/urged the turtle to get to safety.  





Monarchs are active now and there is a lot of milkweed in the state park. 

 




 I got some raspberries before the birds did.  (Generous person that I am, I gave these morsels to my husband who downed them in one gulp.) 


# # # # # #






Protective Coloration is a flimsy!  I auditioned several fabrics for the border. Nothing clicked (wrong brown, too dark, too light). I looked on another shelf and found a something just right.  5-3/8 yards.

 Lots to do this weekend, quilt wise and mostly otherwise.   

Linking up with blogging friends at  Finished or Not Friday




6 comments:

  1. Great photo of the monarch, Nann! I really like your Protective Coloration quilt - it's always fun to see what can be done with flying geese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your super cozy quilt top finish, Nann!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - I really like that Protective Coloration!! What a great flimsy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen as many butterflies here as I usually do so it is great to see yours. Good for you for getting Protective Coloration to a flimsy stage.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.