Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Midweek: Stash report, RSC, OMG

 

I woke up at 4:00 this morning, muttered "Rabbit, rabbit," and woke up again at 6:00.  Here is why.  (I first learned about RR in a Trixie Belden book I read when I was 11.  Only in more recent years have I said it each month. Maybe I need good luck more these days?)

# # # # # # #

The stash report for May:

Fabric IN:  19-1/2 yards, $57                                Fabric OUT: 34-3/4                                              Fabric IN YTD: 99-5/8, $158.50 (average $1.59/yd) Fabric OUT YTD: 217-3/8                                                                                                                           Net  reduction:  117-3/4

# # # # # # #



The Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for June is purple.  This year I'm making 16 framed four-patches each month and two scrappy potholders for Joy's Table Scraps challenge.  (I figure the 20 potholders I'll have by year-end will be handy for gifts.)  

The blocks are 5-1/2" unf and the potholders are  6" finished.  


My One Monthly Goal for June is to begin the quilt for our granddaughter Rachel's wedding at the end of October. She said they like blue and green, a combination I can easily work with.  Barb-the-quilter has me on the calendar for early September. What I need to do is select the block and/or pattern, pull fabric from my stash, and do a little stash enhancement! 






But, meanwhile, I pulled out some blues and then pulled out more blues and here is another "just because" quilt in progress.  The Ohio Stars are 9-1/2" unf. 

(No, these blocks aren't for the wedding quilt.)


Linking up with   OMG and  Midweek Makers



P.S.  Cue Miss Rumphius !  Lupine at Illinois Beach State Park on Memorial Day.   While I explored a new-to-me trail Stevens enjoyed sitting in the shelter at Sand Pond while I explore....sort of like looking out on a pond in Maine.





3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of the "rabbit rabbit" superstition before. It sounds much nicer than "Pinch and a punch for the first of the month" which I grew up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have inspiring eye candy to share !

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.