Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Midweek: OMG for May



 It's impossible to forget the birthdays of significant people in our lives. Today is no exception.  This would be my dad's 103rd birthday(5/5/1918).  I found this photo recently. It's dated 1920.  





We gave him a tie for his birthday in 1959.  





He was a terrific hunt-and-peck typist.  He wrote numerous articles and several books.  

Judging from both Dad's appearance and from the kitchen wallpaper this photo was taken in the mid 1990's.  It was Christmas time (I can see the caroler figurines on the side table in the background). They eventually got a cordless phone but it was mounted next to the push-button phone because, as we learned when we cleaned out the house in 2002, they never switched out the hard-wired phones for modular jacks. (Mother later explained that they were early adopters of push-button phones (1965 or so) in an attempt to placate my sister who really, really wanted a phone in her room.)

# # # # # #
Enough reminiscence!  On to the May OMG.

I will transform this pile of blocks into a hug quilt.  Details are a secret.  Blocks are still arriving. 

Goal #2 will be to assemble these pieces and use them as a quilt back.  


2 comments:

  1. My dad would have been 98 on May 4th. He died in January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have photos of my parents, too. My dad is the same age as yours and I thought he was just a wonderful. Aren't we lucky!
    Nice goals for the month.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.