Friday, December 4, 2020

Friday check in: swans, pinwheels, and a cutting session

 Sunny skies, mild temperatures, and another forest preserve to explore.   On Wednesday afternoon we enjoyed Hastings Lake in Lindenhurst.   From 1998-2003 we lived in a subdivision at the south end of this lake. That was before the forest preserve was developed.   

The ducks and geese on the lake  were outshone by a pair of trumpeter swans. 




# # # # # # # # 

In the studio:





The pinwheel blocks are all set.  They called for a simple sashing and a simple border, no cornerstones or corner blocks. The sashing is a red and white woven homespun that reads as pink. 
















The border is a lively reproduction print dated 2000, which is nearing vintage stage itself.   62" x 72", 4-3/8 yards used.  (What will we call reproductions of reproductions?)






I cut all the pieces for Welcome Home. That's the code name for the quilt I'm making for a friend.
I used plastic bags and labels so I can keep track. 

Linking up with Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?
 

6 comments:

  1. How fun to see the trumpeter swans! That looks like a lovely place for a walk. I like those pinwheel blocks and the way you put them together. Do you have plans for all the CWR quilts you're making?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing quilt. But your hike - wow!! that is just beautiful. I love how you are getting outside and sharing your explorations with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pinwheel blocks are beautiful! Love the sashing fabric...perfection! Ziplock bags are wonderful for staying organized! I use them too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such graceful birds those swans....great photos as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinwheels look terrific! The swans are so pretty. Enjoy the weather while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful location for a hike.

    The pinwheel quilt is awesome. I love reproduction fabrics, especially 30s and Civil War. Wonderful what current fabrics will be reproduced 50 years from now.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.