Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Midweek: flowers, foliage, flimsy

 



From my walk yesterday.  We haven't had a frost yet so late-summer  flowers are hanging on.

 


The foliage is beautiful every autumn. I think we're noticing it more this year.   

Speakng of noticing:  This article reports on a study of  the way the pandemic shutdown has affected songbirds.  They don't have to compete with as much noise. 



# # # # # # #



In the studio:

Several readers have speculated about the design for these units.   Here's that photo again.





And here's the flimsy!   The design is by Bev Getschel, published in Quiltmaker May/June 2017.  It's called Tutti Frutti, but that doesn't seem very much like  "ice cream or other sweet food containing a mixture of chopped fruits, candied, dried, or fresh." 



I followed the designer's colorway.
The units are 4-1/2" unfinished. The blocks are 12-1/2" unfinished.  The flimsy is 60" x 72" and used 4 yards.

Linking up with Midweek Makers

.....Tune in Friday to see the beginning of my CW Repro Reduction Effort.  

7 comments:

  1. I really like your Tutti Fruity flimsy. Are you planning to give your quilt a new name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice the leaves every year and I guess I appreciate them more this year. Without doing a year to year comparison, each leaf this year seem to be more multicolored than other years. I think last year they all dropped at once so there wasn't much enjoyment time. Your quilt is really pretty - a great unusual combination of blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new quilt top. Very understated and it seems to fit the late fall season we're just entering now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. like it very much nann...btw busy thimble having a year long retirement sale...ordering no new fabric for the shop...planning on visiting in april...today harvested more fresh herbs from senior center pots...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Tutti Fruiti. I am making some pinwheels with cutoff HSTs that I could incorporate into a design like this ... hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new quilt top is great but I agree about the name. It is a fun quilt and I wonder what you will put on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although Tutti Frutti doesn't seem to represent sweets, it sure is pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.