Thursday, September 24, 2020

Friday check in: studio changes

 My husband gave me a generous check for my birthday.  That was in June.  My purchases have arrived!

The Tracey's cutting table was delivered last evening.  It replaces the table I bought in 1995.  That table's gate legs gave out about four years ago. I propped it on two bookcases.   (Tracey's also made my sewing machine table.  I purchased both through Sew & Save in Racine.) 

The new cutting table is bigger (40 x 72 vs. 35 x 58)  and has drawers and a storage shelf in the middle. The bookcases still fit nicely under the table, though I ought to replace that yellow duct tape with something nicer. 

 About 20 years ago I bought a Closet Maid wire basket unit. It was fairly expensive for me at the time so I didn't buy additional units. I made do with plastic boxes and miscellaneous bookcases.  I got tired of thinking how much I'd like more units and ordered five from Home Depot.  

Here is the old: 


And here is the new:  
Look at all the empty boxes! . . . No, I am not going to fill them with fabric.

Linking up with  Whoop Whoop  and Finished Friday

15 comments:

  1. excellent upgrade nann....elfa is the same as closet maid and i've got one tall unit but no room for more...even so it's a great system for fabric and other quilty stuff...wow, terrific setup now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! It always feels wonderful to redo the sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I started with one of those basket units, too, but it didn't take long to outgrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great storage! Looks so nice and inspiring! Now you’ll probably get even more done! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look sso great!! and with the taller table - no back issues!! what a great gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your studio upgrades! I'm envious of your basket storage system. I've had a Tracey's cutting table for about 15 years and I love it. I hope you'll enjoy your new set up for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes ... you just keep telling yourself your not going to fill them with fabric.
    I have always held that telling myself stuff like that is not a denial of reality just an attempt to shape it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the upgrade and you deserve it. Love the wire shelf system.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great acquisitions for your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m amazed at the difference the wire basket system makes. Hum, now what do you think you'll put in all those plastic baskets?

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very fun (and useful) sewing room refresh. This wire bins are going to come in very handy.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.