Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Midweek: Triangle Endeavo(u)r




On Sunday evening we watched Endeavour on PBS Masterpiece.*  I was considering fabric for the back of the HST geese quilt. 

When I pulled this off the shelf I knew I had to use it.








And here is Triangle Endeavour, finished!






I could have chosen any colorway for the back but the brown/orange Wamsutta print -- the big piece on the right -- is one I've wanted to use up for a long time.   I think I got the orange Endeavour just last year.  The floral at the bottom was part of a stash reduction. (I've been the fortunate recipient of a couple of those, including last week.) 












With hundreds of different prints in these HSTs, how did I manage to get two of the same right next to each other?


Linking up with Midweek Makers


*  My dad really enjoyed the original Inspector Morse series starring John Thaw.  I think of him when I watch this "prequel" series.

7 comments:

  1. I love it but don't envy the quilter. I imagine the piece being like a slinky while basting. Gorgeous finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes i like 'endeavour' as well...and i agree about the fabric choice....it was karma....nice scrappy...not for a hand quilter...ps john thaw's daughter abigail is in 'endeavour'...i get all those on britbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loads of scrappy goodness here. Great Finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It never seems to fail about getting a like piece meeting no matter how careful you are. Lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! So what if two like triangles landed near one another? That's what happens when it's random, just like in nature. I think you did a great job editing scraps for this quilt. Even with so many different fabrics, it looks very calm, controlled and cohesive from a distance. Beautiful harvest backing colors, too. Wish it would cool down and leaves would change, because I'm sick and tired of the Summer of Covid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve enjoyed Endeavor too! The backing is perfect for the triangles which are smashing! Having two of the same together proves it truly was random!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.