Monday, August 31, 2020

Hold on to your horses! the stash report and OMG September

 I can't believe it either.  I made the blocks on Friday and Saturday and here is a finished quilt. Another no-deadline, no-destination project that went together slick as a whistle.  The back shows the curlicue quilting in the center and my go-to "almost feathers" in the border. 


Stash report:  

August fabric IN 7 yards, $6.50   -- a cotton bedsheet and a turquoise plaid XXL shirt at Salvation Army

August fabric OUT  101-1/2   -- all my quilting projects plus 6 yards flung with the Teal Swap and 50 yards flung to The Joyful Quilter for her Lutheran World Relief project. 

Year-to-date IN  693-1/4, $872, average $1.26 per yard. (Remember, I got free fabric from TWO destashings.)

Year-to-date OUT 723-5/8  / Net REDUCTION  30-3/8  

# # # # # # # 

It's time to declare my One Monthly Goal for September.  I don't have pressing must-dos right now. I've decided that I will quilt at least two of the flimsies that have been languishing, in some cases for years. I don't know WHICH flimsies. You'll just have to stay tuned!


In the photo: quilt on the left is partially quilted. The stack on the right were created as far back as 2007 and as recently as mid-August.

Linking up with other OMGers at Elm Street Quilts (when Patty opens the sign up tomorrow). 


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the fabric out! Wowza! I am currently quilting the first quilt I made 25+years ago 😮

    ReplyDelete
  2. With sheltering in place, I haven't spent squat diddly on fabric in! If i kept track, I bet my fabric out would be a very generous amount! Good luck with your September OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your newest quilt is charming. Congrats on getting it sewn and quilted so quickly. And on moving the fabric. Your monthly accounting inspired me to track my own. It helps. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always want to know how big a quilt is when it is shown, inches across and down. That was a quick make, you are sew speedy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very colorful quilt nann...a delicious scrappy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see what you pick to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy sewing! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.