Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Midweek: half of the goal

 xx

My OMG for September is to quilt two flimsies.  I took 'em all out of the box (see yesterday's post).  Since Bulleye Stars was underway I began with that.  I made the flimsy over a year ago .  It uses the South African shweshwe indigos that I'd been collecting one quilt show at a time.  I basted it and began quilting. I didn't like the way the quilting was turning out but by the time I realized that I'd quilted far too much to rip anything out.  Rather than torture myself I rolled up the quilt sandwich and stuffed it in the box. 

It turned out that I was a lot farther along that I remembered.  I was able to finish the quilting and the binding!  After a good pressing it doesn't look that bad.  

Now, on to flimsy #2!

Linking up with Midweek Makers





4 comments:

  1. We are our own worst enemies when it comes to deciding if we like the quilting we are doing. A week of time out would probably be all it would take to go back to look and think that isn't so bad so I'll finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt. Most times I don't like the quilting either but press on because I dislike unstitching way more. By the time I finish quilting I realize its not as bad as I'd convinced myself. Good luck on your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nann, that is a tall, dark and handsome quilt you have there. I feel like a romance heroine in her late tweens completely smitten by the dark, suave hero in his mid-thirties. I am sure this handsome quilt will keep me warm all night :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely Finish! Now it will no longer be a millstone around your neck, and a useful and beautiful quilt instead. I personally have way too many UFO's acting like millstones, so much so that no progress happens on ANYTHNG right now!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.