Friday, August 21, 2020

Friday report: string spiderweb is a flimsy

 

It's a flimsy!  5-3/4 yards.

The blue wedges are two different 30's prints. I didn't have enough of either for the borders but, hooray, I had a newer Aunt Grace repro (an estate sale purchase, as I recall) that worked just fine. 

The week's been busy. Outpatient elective surgery for my husband on Wednesday required us to be at the hospital at 6 a.m. and thus up and at 'em earlier than that.  (The procedure was successful and we were home by 10 a.m.) We watched the Democratic National Convention which ended at 10:30 p.m. Central each evening. 

I had two in-person (masked and distanced) meetings, a Zoom meeting, and a Zoom webinar (two 90-minute sessions).  I'm skipping Zooming today but will be back at the screen for two meetings tomorrow.  Too much to do!

Linking up at Finished or Not Friday and  Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? 

10 comments:

  1. Stellar finish! Glad the surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it, Nann!! I think the triple border with piano keys was a great choice for finishing off you quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft colors for your string spiderweb quilt top. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very lovely version of the spiderweb quilt, I especially love the blue background and the piano key border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your spiderweb top looks fantastic! I’m glad your husband’s surgery went well, too. Now is such a weird time to have to go near a hospital for anything, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, another super finish! I loooove spiderweb quilts, but have always opted for the easier starry string block. It’s time to get going on this one (I even still have the red center “kite” sections cut). You’re a baaaad influence on me Nann, LOL!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad all went well! and glad that you were able to work on this awesome amazing cool top!!! I si just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful Spiderweb quilt! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful...simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.