Friday, June 26, 2020

Remembering Marianne

A light went out in the quilting world when Marianne Urban passed away on June 23. 

With her online handle "Marianne in Mt. Vernon," she was a long-time participant in the Stashbusters and HeartStrings online groups.  She posted frequently and at great length.  She was supportive and insightful.

Chronic physical and health challenges limited her mobility but she overcame them in order to make dozens of quilts from her "stash the size of Montana," as she characterized it.  

A year ago today I was able to spend the better part of a day with Marianne at her house (along with fellow quilting friends Grace and Barbara).  We got to see her sewing room and the legendary stash. 

I miss you, Marianne. We all miss you.




4 comments:

  1. This is sad news indeed. My condolences for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear of your friend. Quilting Buddies are so hard to lose.
    I'm glad you have good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting. Marianne is my sister. Not "was" because she will be with me always. I am fortunate that she made me special quilts that I will cherish forever. She loved quilting and her quilting buddies. They kept her going along with her family.

    With love, Michele

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.