Friday, June 26, 2020

Friday finish: A Star is Born


The recipient of A Star is Born will make her debut on July 13, according to her aunt.  It's nice to have the quilt ready in advance.

The squares are 7.5" unfinished.  (I started with 8.5" but that made the quilt too big. I auditioned 6.5" but those were too small.)

The two squares that appear to blend (upper left) have more contrast when seen up close.

3-7/8 yards in all.





Linking up with
Finished or Not Friday
Whoop Whoop


UPDATE:  Apologies to those who have left comments -- the email notification for comments got turned off so I didn't see them.  Thank you all for reading the post (and all my posts!) and for taking time to write.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I just love that shining star among the pinks--very nice work...
    hugs from home base julierose Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quilt. Some precious baby will have a great snuggle blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you integrated two fabrics in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet baby quilt! Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! I almost missed the star. I think the quilt is reversible with that lovely pieced backing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute quilt!! and YAY you - before the recipient arrives!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pieced backing is “ to die for”! What a great idea, I like the front too...a star! So precious!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.