Thursday, March 19, 2020

Spring cleaning -- it's adoption time!

For several years Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework  has sponsored an orphan block adoption.  I'm delighted that she's doing it again this month.


 In preparation for the event I surveyed the contents of the Parts Department.  (Boy, do I have a LOT of half-square triangles.)  As usual when I look at these units and blocks I think, "But I could do something with this . . . and this . . . and, oh, these will be great for thus-and-such . . ." and back into the box they go.




But these blocks I happily offer to you.  The design is from  Playful Petals by Corey Yoder I made five blocks and prepared five additional pairs of petals before I went on to other things.

These blocks can be yours!

Between today and Monday, March 23, leave a comment.  I will choose the winner on Tuesday, March 24.

Anyone is welcome to comment but in order to qualify for the drawing you MUST meet these criteria:
(a)  Your comment must include the title and author of the book that you're reading or listening to now. (Fiction, nonfiction, adult, YA, juvenile. Surely you are reading something!)  If you only give the title it doesn't count. If you only give the author it doesn't count.
(b)  You must have an e-mail address so I can notify you if you are the winner.  If you don't provide an e-mail address it doesn't count.
(c)   You must have a U.S. mailing address.

Thanks for your interest -- and thanks again to Cynthia for hosting the link up.
See what other cool stuff is on offer HERE !


15 comments:

  1. The petal blocks look like great fun for a mini quilt or table topper. I'd happily take them off your hands. I'll give you both of the books I'm currently re-reading this week - the first is Messiah in the Feasts of Israel by Sam Nadler and the second is A People and Their Quilts by John Rice Irwin. Thanks for your generosity offering these blocks and petals! amityquilter2008 at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, Julie -- sweet blocks! I have so many photos of that sort of applique design "pinned" but never seem to get around to tackling it! I can see them in a sweet little pillow! I'm currently listening to The Other Alcott by Elise Hooper - a fictional story about Louisa's sister, May who was the model for Amy in Little Women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those petal blocks. Would make a cute baby quilt, I think. I'm currently reading "Happy!" by Derren Brown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading The Beantown Girls by Jane Healey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those would make for something different than my usual quilts. And yet, they are scrappy, so right up my alley! Right now I am reading The Long Way Home by Louise Penny (I adore her books!) and listening to In the Bleak Midwinter by Julia Spencer-Fleming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say the same thing about the items in my parts department too. But realistically I know I can't get to them all. Kudos to you for letting some of them go. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am currently reading book 12 of the Last Kingdom series by Bernard Cornwell. It's called Sword of Kings. Uhtred is getting really old at this point, but I whipped through all 12 books like no one's business. The author wrote the Sharpe series as well, so that one will be next.

    Quilting wise, I'm trying to get stuff done around working from home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. At the risk of sounding horribly pretentious, I'm reading "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare" by, well...William Shakespeare. The cover is a faux velvet, so it's a pleasure to hold. I recently (just a few days ago) decided to start from the beginning, so I'm reading The Tempest currently.

    I rarely do this--enter give-aways--so it wouldn't hurt my feelings if someone else won, honest!

    They sure are cute blocks, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to win the petal blocks. I am a lifelong reader, currently reading Mendelevski's Box by Roger Swindell. Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will check back here to see what everyone is reading. I just finished The Thief series through Thick as Thieves by Meghan Whalen Turner and am now rereading an Agatha Christie novel, The Man in the Brown Suit, which was originally published in the 1920s.
    I have more than enough stuff to finish on my own. Don't enter me in the drawing but they are very sweet blocks. Lovely colors. Smart and kind of you to move things along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the petals. I'm reading the classics Shakespeare's Hamlet this week. Jmikebalou (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yesterday, I finished Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center. I've been working my way through The Big Burn: Teddy Roosevelt and the Fire That Saved America by Timothy Egan for about 8 weeks. Both were recommended by quilt bloggers. I chose The Big Burn during the Australian wildfires. It is interesting but a slow read.
    Please do not enter me into the drawing. Your idea is great for sharing UFO's, but I have plenty. The book sharing was my motivation to comment.
    Connie W.
    c_s_wolfe@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just completed "Birds of a Feather" by Jacqueline Winspear. I am listening to "The Subtle Art of Not giving a F*ck" by Mark Manson and I am LOVING it.
    Your blocks are lovely but I have plenty on my to-do list :-) Please do not include me in the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the giveaway! I'm reading "Someone Knows" by Lisa Scottoline. Been going through reading material quickly until I get my sewing mojo back. Hope to get started with a win of your blocks!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.