Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Stash report, Block Lotto, and October OMG


Rabbit, rabbit!  I remembered . . . did you?
(Here is the explanation of this good-luck charm.)

When Pat Sloan posted this pattern on her blog last week I realized it was just right for the second (of two) wall hangings for the Zion Woman's Club bunco night.   Quick, easy, and appealing! 

It was a month of expensive acquisition (Madison quilt expo) and some sort-of bargains (Joann's).  I was out of town mid-month, so no sewing for six days.

Fabric IN, September:  84 yards, $478, average $5.69
Fabric OUT, September: 40-1/8

Fabric IN, January-September: 489, $1935, average $3.95
Fabric OUT, January-September: 404-3/8

I need to sew more and shop less!




I am the coordinator for this month's Block Lotto . I made one block to illustrate the instructions and before I knew it I'd made all nine.The maple leaves are 6-1/2" unfin.

My OMG for October is two-fold:
(a)  Ten tote bags for the Nepal school project. These will be #21-30 out of 40.




(b) Set the wonky house blocks from the 2018-19 guild BOM.  We are to bring our creations (setting required, quilting optional) to the November guild meeting to qualify for a prize drawing.    I'm taking inspiration from Freddy Moran who uses lots of color accented by black-and-white.  Here is the rough draft. I'm auditioning borders. 

Linking up with other OMGers at
Elm Street Quilts







9 comments:

  1. I have yet to make a house quilt although it's been on my list forever. Your black and white HSTs tie them together well and pump up the volume of the whole quilt.
    The candy corn quilt is adorable. Have fun.
    Your stash report motivated me to start tracking mine, too. Just like eating, when more comes in than goes out, our size increases and mine had gotten unmanageable. Tracking helps. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those wonky houses and now, thanks to you, I have a craving for candy corn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wonky houses quilt is so much fun. Love each one of them. It is perfect for a Halloween's Haunted House. The leaves are beautiful and addictive, base don how quickly you made nine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those wonky houses. Pretty maple leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those wonky houses! what fun
    super cute candy corn pattern. Love the broken dishes or hourglass blocks on the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those houses are a whole lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wonky houses are so cute! I forgot Rabbit Rabbit first thing in the morning. I need coffee first!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun making tote bags. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilt One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.