Monday, July 1, 2019

Weekly update: the stash report, big stars, and OMG July

Fabric in, June:  39-1/8, $189
Fabric out, June: 11-3/4
Fabric in, YTD:  259-1/4, $1082
Fabric out, YTD:   249-7/8

Yikes!  I've got to get crackin' -- less time shopping, more time sewing!

# # # # #
Big Stars began with the box of 2.5" squares.  I sewed them into 16-patches and put them on the design wall.  Ho-hum. I put them on point. Still not exciting. What about stars?  The Wing Clipper ruler from Deb Tucker/Studio 180 made fast work of 80 flying geese.

The blocks are 16". A vertical setting is too long for the design wall so you'll need to turn your head. :)  4 x 5 setting = 64" x 80". I'm contemplating a pieced border for the sides only. That will make the quilt a little wider.


# # # # #
I have another two-part OMG for July.

(1)    Guild challenge -- design and get to the half-way stage by the end of the month.  The theme is "Birds of a Feather" and I have the idea.
(2)    Nepal project tote bags -- my friend Margaret works with a project to provide school supplies for children in Nepal. She asked if could make book bags for the children.  About 40. By December. My OMG is to make a prototype to send to Margaret.   Once she approves (or suggests changes to the size or whatever) I can get started. I can make ten a month, can't I? Sure!

Linking up with other quilters:
OMG Elm Street Quilts
Oh Scrap!
Design Wall Monday
Monday Making
Moving It Forward


11 comments:

  1. Love the scrappy stars. I should really start saving small scraps to make something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the stars on this one! Its a great way to set those 16 patches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure why I come up as a no reply, but thank you so much for tracking me down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful scrappy nann...you continue to inspire me to aspire...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love stars, and your ones with the scrappy centres are beautiful. A good way to use all those small pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guild challenges are fun. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those stars. It would be a great way to make a dent in my collection of 2.5" squares. Good luck with your goals this month. Knowing you the first one will be done within a week or so. The second one will depend on your friend's response time. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving those stars! I just laid quilt blocks out on my design wall and ran out of room with only one more row to go. Placement is random, so hopefully the blocks I held back for that last row will work okay overall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sewing stars from the 16 patches makes them sing. Keep going. I like the idea of borders on the sides only.
    It’s probably too late for me but I’m finally seeing the point of tallying yardage in and out. Any reminder to use it up is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your scrappy stars are so scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.