Friday, April 19, 2019

While I'm here: tote bag #3

Since I'm logged on:  here is tote bag #3 out of the four I've pledged to make for the April OMG.

I made the Seminole bands a long time ago.  I bought Simply Seminole by Dorothy Hanisko when it came out (1997!).  I went through a brief spell of practical patchwork during which trimmed a couple of sets of bath towels and a couple of sets of bed sheets.  These particular bands were part of 10+ feet, most of which I gave away in last month's Orphan Adoption   I saved enough to use on the front and back of this tote bag.

I've gotten more confident about fabric choices and thus my style is scrappier.  It may be time to revisit Simply Seminole and use some of the patterns in a full-sized quilt. 

Linking up with other quilt makers this Friday at Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? 

3 comments:

  1. i was also a seminole quilter back in the day...cheryl bradkin was my tutor! lovely bag...these will be a big hit no doubt..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorothy spoke at our guild years and years ago but alas, I don't have her book. I already had Cheryl Bradkin's and couldn't afford another at the time. I made a few strips, not as many as you. Using those techniques again has been running around my mind, too. We should start a challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.