Friday, April 19, 2019

Remembering Gwen Marston


 A light in the quilting world went out this week when Gwen Marston passed away at her home on Beaver Island, Michigan.

Though I never got to take a workshop with Gwen -- let alone attend one of the legendary retreats at her home and studio on Beaver Island -- I did see her in person when she gave the program  for the Village Quilters in 2014














Her liberated quilt designs are rooted in tradition, not always abstract, not yet modern -- and always an inspiration.









Gwen will be missed but not forgotten as hundreds of quilt makers incorporate her ideas into their work for years to come. 



1 comment:

  1. You said it better than I could in the brief minutes I had to dash something off this morning.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.