Friday, March 1, 2019

Ribbons, stash report, a finish, and plans for March

 The GFWC-IL Tenth District art contest was Wednesday.  There were fourteen categories that include painting and drawing in different media; sculpture; paper crafts; jewelry.  Some categories were odd combinations--"needlepoint, cross stitch, plastic canvas, latch hook, rug hook, weaving" in one, "crochet, knitting" in another, and "embroidery, tatting, quilting" in another. But "wall hanging" had its own.  Go figure.
I entered a quilt and a wall hanging and got a red ribbon and a white ribbon respectively.

The first photo shows me with P.E.O. friends (members of a neighboring woman's club) and the second photo is with a fellow Zion Woman's Club member who is a wonderful photographer.

The best of show was awarded for a beautifully embroidered denim jacket.

# # # # #
I finished quilting Spare Parts IV.

Stash report for February:
Fabric in:   NONE
Fabric out:  42-1/8 yards
YTD fabric in:  35 yards ($34.81)
YTD fabric out:  77-1/8 yards 

# # # # #

It's time to declare my One Monthly Goal for March:   I will rework the outer border for my version of Good Fortune. Furthermore, I will prepare the backing and deliver it to Barb, the long-armer.  GF will be the spring, 2019, AAUW raffle quilt.  Here's the Good Fortune flimsy -- note the chunky inserts at the ends of the outer borders. That's what I'm going to correct.



 Here is the OMG link up
I'm also linking up with
Confessions of a Fabric Addict






6 comments:

  1. Sometimes you HAVE to change what bother you. Go Nann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been productive. It's important to change the things that bother you and GF will make a wonderful raffle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on your ribbons! yay
    I love your stash report!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the ribbons. And, once again a great stash report. Hum, no buying seems impossible to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice quilt top! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly goal and good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the ribbons! Good luck with your OMG, your GF turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.