Sunday, February 3, 2019

Weekly update: stash report, RSC, Lotto, BOM, and OMG

I've been mentally composing my report on the ALA Midwinter Meeting but until then, here is the quilting news:
Stash report, January:
Fabric IN:   35 yards, $34.81
Fabric OUT: 35 yards
Net:  ZERO    
Yellow is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for February.  My project this year is MonthlyColor + gray/taupe pinwheels, one for each day of that month.  I made these 28 during TV-watching last evening.


This month's Block Lotto is "alternating nine-patch." The nine-patches are maker's choice with light squares and inky-dark squares.  These were a snap because I used nine-patches from my Block Swappers stash.

Our guild BOM this year is wonky paper-pieced houses.  I'm using all polka dots for mine. This is the February block. 

Here is the neighborhood.

It's time to declare the One Monthly Goal for February.  I need to make four tote bags. I will fill them with advance reader copies of forthcoming books and donate two to the Lake County Women's Coalition and two to the Zion Woman's Club/Zion Conservatory of Music for their March fundraisers.








I left for Seattle with the design wall like this.





Now it looks like this.  The upper left and upper center units are sewn. The Chinese Puzzle blocks are those I made for the 2018 RSC.

Linking up with
OMG 2019
RSC 2019
Oh Scrap!
 Design Wall Monday
Monday Making
Moving It Forward 

12 comments:

  1. My you have been the busy one! And traveling too! You Wonky Houses look great! The design wall is showing promise of something interesting. Are some orphan blocks? Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house blocks are amazing! That is going to be one fun quilt. Thanks for sharing all your awesome projects with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the wonderful variety of projects on your design wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the wonky, paper-pieced houses! What a great variety of polka dot fabrics you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your latest wonky house looks like ours! Great progress everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! That design wall BEFORE shot. Super collection of blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You absolutely amaze me in terms of how much you get done. 35 yards of fabric in and out. It's a wash. But nice to have different fabrics to play with. Love the wonky houses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a Dr. Seuss neighborhood! Fun blocks.

    I think I see about five of my nine patches in those Lotto blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been busy! I love all the blocks on the wall and those houses are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how many RSCs you've participated in, but this is my first one. It sure is fun to see what everyone is doing while taking part. Your pinwheels are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful choices for the rainbow challenge and more

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your wonky house blocks! That's going to be such a fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.