Friday, January 4, 2019

OMG for January: get ready, get set . . .

. . . and go!

The operative word is "set."  My two-part OMG for this month:

#1    Set the 30's bow tie blocks.  I showed a picture on Monday and said that I've come up with yet another setting.  Here it is -- still X's and O's but not as pronounced as the previous version.  All of these bow ties are sewn into blocks of nine.   I've made enough additional bow ties for the remaining four spaces.



#2  Set Good Fortune.  Bonnie posted the reveal today -- here if for some reason you missed it!

OMG and Good Fortune go together -- I won the December OMG prize -- a $50 gift certificate to Amy Bradley Designs !

Linking up at Elm Street Quilts here:  OMG 2019 . 

7 comments:

  1. I really like this setting of the bow ties. It's very graphic! I like the reveal of Good Fortune, but I was not sewing along this time. Too many UFO's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get back to my bowties...you inspire me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good setting for these blocks. I notice the center of the bowties is wider than versions I've made. I think this makes your setting even more effective. Great color combination: cheerful pastels with cherry red. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project! And congrats again for winning a prize in December!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that setting Nann. What size were your blocks? I’ll try to read back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layout for your bowtie. I will keep it in mind if I ever make one. Your projects are inspiring. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.