Sunday, December 16, 2018

Weekly update: holiday doings, catching up, and Clue 4


The United Methodist Women had their holiday luncheon on Thursday.

In years past I've made ornaments as favors but this year I made coasters. (20 coasters, 5" squares = 2 yards of fabric used!)


Thursday evening I went to my friend Erika's P.E.O. chapter's holiday party.

At both parties we exchanged white elephant gifts.  I was happy to pass along some perfectly nice items I did not want. In return, both times, I got candy.

(Yes, I hang out with middle-aged/older white women. I fit the demographic.)








At church this morning the kids performed the Christmas play. The theme was superheroes.  They had a meeting to talk about the new superhero who was coming -- sent by "Mr. G. O. D."  After they met Mary and Joseph ("Why didn't you call ahead for reservations?" Mary asked) and, with the help of the shepherds (played by two moms since the kids wanted to be superheroes) they realized that "We will save ordinary citizens. You, Jesus, will save all the world!"





# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

I finished Bookshelf #38 (or is it #39?) for Pat, who's retiring from ZBPL. The party is this coming Wednesday.  This is my OMG for December.  (Click on the label on the sidebar to see other examples.)

linking up with the December OMG finishes here  











I made 9 scrappy purple sawtooth stars for the December Block Lotto.














Here's the wonky house for the December guild BOM.


And, hooray -- this week's Good Fortune clue was fun and easy!  Here are the orange string-pieced blocks.



See what other bloggers are up to:
Oh Scrap!
Design Wall Monday
Quiltville Mystery Monday
  Monday Making
 Moving It Forward 

11 comments:

  1. Congrats! on completing the retirement Bookcase Quilt. The recipient is sure to LOVE it! Speaking of loving things... I absolutely LOVE those orange strings that you've sewn. Gook luck in the Block Lotto! Those stars look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Christmas. You are getting in the spirit.
    I see these lovely orange strings everywhere today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had a busy week with some great finishes. Love your Bookshelf quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a typical week for Mz. Nann! Those kids have it right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy! That book quilt for a retirement gift is amazing. I love how each of the bookcase quilts are so different. Yours' is lovey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your orange string block are so colorful! It will be interesting to see how they fit in with the other blocks. I'm watching Bonnie Hunter's mystery from the sidelines this year. Thanks for joining in Design Wall Mondays, I always like to read your blog and see what you are making. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The church play sounds like it was a lot of fun to act in and watch. Lots of fun sewing room stuff going on too. Have a very happy holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun liberated house. Looks like a fun holiday luncheon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bookshelf quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you are busy! Your bookshelf quilt was so well timed: I was just researching them this past week. I'll come back to check your Bonnie Hunter mystery progress, thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.