Monday, November 12, 2018

Weekly update: two finishes and a swap (and lots more)




We voted on Tuesday.  I hope you did, too.



I enjoyed lunch on Wednesday with several Alpha Gam sisters. We are from different collegiate chapters. I'm not able to attend many of the alumnae club meetings because they're farther away than I'm comfortable driving at night.  It was nice to have a daytime gathering.

# # # # # # # # # # # # #
BOM MSQC sampler 
The 2017-2018 guild BOM wrapped up with show-and-tell at
Wednesday's meeting.  We made a different Missouri Star block each month. To qualify for prizes we had to set the blocks (quilting optional).  Four of us brought our projects. One person made each block into a placemat. Another made an entire quilt out of each block. Two of us made samplers.   My name was the first pulled out of the hat -- I won a $100 Missouri Star gift card!  (The others won smaller amounts.)




# # # # # # # # # # #
Ready to sort 
BUPs ready to mail
The Baseball Swap began 20 years ago on the Rec.Crafts.Textiles.Quilting newsgroup. We swap 6.5" charm squares based on Major League Baseball games.  I backed the Cubs and the Red Sox, both of whom had great seasons, so I got a lot of squares.



 On the right: this year's squares. On the left: thank you gifts for being the BUP Chucker (that's Big Ungainly Package).  In the back: the accumulatio of squares from previous years.

Every year I'm amazed by the variety of prints.




# # # # # # # # # # #

Caliente Plenty, the batik scrap quilt, is finished.  The pieced back used up a lot of bright prints. (I don't use batiks for quilt backs, even when the top is batik.)   I tried a free-motion fan design that turned out pretty well.

# # # # # # # # #

















My November OMG is done!  This table runner is a birthday gift for a friend. The pattern is from a back issue of Fons and Porter.

I'm linking up to the November OMG Finish here .






# # # # # # # # #
There's a new project on the design wall.  I thought I'd make a few blocks and empty a shoebox of black/white/gray strips and scraps.  Instead I cut more strips!  These blockx are 10.5" unfinished.  I think I'll make 42 (6 x 7 setting).

Monday link ups:
Oh, Scrap!
Design Wall Monday
Monday Making
Moving It Forward

P.S. The frost is on the pumpkin here in northeasternmost Illinois. 




7 comments:

  1. It looks like you put a lot of scraps to good use this week. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Two and a half quilt tops finished this week! Now that’s busy. Very nice ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your quilting this week! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Caliente Plenty! And your new project is fabulous! Funny how despite our best intentions those scraps pile up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy! Congrats on the completed quilt. You are moving those scraps along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun scrappy quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty runner! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.