Thursday, November 1, 2018

Stash report for October, OMG, and a design solution

Rabbit, rabbit!   I remembered to say this good luck charm this morning.  Here's why.
October was a month of happy acquisition.  (If you missed it, here is the post with photos!)  
Fabric IN, October:    208-1/4 yds, $1.32.  [I bought 3-1/2 yds for $1.32 at an estate sale.]
Fabric OUT, October: 41-5/8 yds.  [That doesn't count the two boxes of wool yardage I gave to the rug hooking group.]

Fabric IN, YTD:  452-3/8 yds , $876 (avg. $1.93/yd)
Fabric OUT, YTD:  480 yds
Net decrease: 27-5/8 yds

My One Monthly Goal for November is to make a table runner.  My friend Marilyn has a Boston terrier named Molly.  I bought a yard of Boston terrier fabric at Fabricate , the wonderful quilt shop in Bar Harbor.  For her birthday I gave Marilyn the fabric with a coupon for "a quilted item of your choice."  She chose a table runner.         I haven't settled on a pattern but I've begun to pull coordinating fabrics.  (Note the paw prints on the selvedge!) 
 # # # # # # # # #
I was inspired by a pattern by Jo and Kelli Kramer published in McCall's Quilting earlier this year. Their design used 2.5" squares and strips. Mine uses 2".  (I have a shoebox of 2" squares.)  I made the light-strip blocks first. The dark-strip blocks used all but a sliver of that particular print.  Oh, no.  There's not enough contrast between the strips and everything mooshes together.   A solution is in the works! Stay tuned.                                         Linking up with OMG at Elm Street Quilts  and Needle and Thread Thursday  

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with your November goal. Looking forward to seeing the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrap quilts are a great idea! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun birthday gift! And a table runner is a good choice ;) Lovely fabrics, and pretty scrappy blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your innovative birthday gift! What a great idea! Now, what solution did you mastermind for your scrappy blocks? Can’t wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over 400 yards of fabric!!! You cannot see it but I am screaming, fire is coming out of my eyes and smoke from my ears. You must be working on a very large quilt or two. OK, now my breathing has returned to normal. I think that is great scrapbuster quilt you have on your design wall. I will put the rabbit times three note on my calendar for Dec 1.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.