Saturday, October 27, 2018

Friday fling in the other direction!

The Stashbusters talk about the Friday fling, the idea being to get rid of stuff.  I had a Friday fling TO me rather than FROM me.

What treasures lie within?
An acquaintance is a professional crafter. She makes table runners, hot pads, placemats, etc. I saw her at an estate sale a couple of weeks ago. She said, "Oh, I've been meaning to call you! Can you use quilting fabric?" She explained that she had tried some projects that didn't sell and didn't want the remaining fabric. She didn't have to ask twice.  "I can make it disappear from your house," I assured her.

Yesterday I called her.  Morning would be great. Bring a tub to put it in.

All the fabric was bagged. The tub wasn't needed.   

For the guild






I weighed all of it:  87 pounds. That's 348 yards!  150 yards will go to my guild for charity projects.  (Kids' novelties: superheroes, Dora the Explorer, Frozen.)  198 yards will make a home in my stash.  (Lots of great basics: yellow, blue, orange.)


For me! 




This wipes out the YTD net decrease in my stash, but, oh, how I will enjoy it all.  (And it was FREE!)

 Linking up with  Whoop Whoop!






6 comments:

  1. I’d say that’s quite a whoop! You hit the jackpot! Never mind lottery tickets! That’s a quilters lottery jackpot. I know you will find some pretty and creative things to make with all that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is quite a haul! Hope you have space to store all this stuff. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I thought the stacks would be higher! That really scares me...how much do I have in my stash!!!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard to pass up a deal like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowsers! Win-win for you and your friend and the guild, too!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.