Monday, August 27, 2018

Weekly update: making waves, the Lipizzans, and an anniversary



 Brisk northeast winds kicked up the waves so that Lake Michigan looked more like the ocean.

A monarch and a swallowtail stopped long enough for me to snap their photos.



Wednesday was a beautiful day to sit outdoors to see the magnificent Lipizzan stallions at  Tempel Farms .  We have intended to go to a performance for years (it's just twenty minutes away).  Our Rotary Club is hosting an exchange student and we took her and her local host sister.

After the performance we toured the stables and got up close. (The breed is fairly docile, explaining why a stable full of stallions can coexist without fighting.)

I first learned about these magnificent Viennese horses when I read  White Stallion of Lipizza by Marguerite Henry.











Thursday was our 38th wedding anniversary. We are still smiling. :)





2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary! A great milestone!
    Love your Razzle Dazzle quilt. Colors are my thing so those bright churn dashes are right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I was on a trip once where we were going to see Lipizzan stallions, but the show was cancelled so we weren't able to see them. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.