Monday, August 20, 2018

Weekly update: inspiration strikes!

The shower for Baby Riley (well, for her parents) was Saturday.  They received several crocheted afghans but the I Spy that I made was the only quilt. They like it!

This was the first baby shower my husband had ever attended. I hadn't been to a shower for years but in April there was a wedding shower for my niece and then this one. 

# # # # # # #
Last week I wrote that I hoped for a flash of inspiration for the holiday quilt for our AAUW raffle.  The flash came, all right.  The pattern is Pinwheel Pines from McCall's Quilting, Dec. 2012.  I added a few cardinals to the forest.  (Blocks are 12" so the quilt will be 60 x 72.)

This week I will assemble the blocks and piece the backing.

Monday link ups: 
Design Wall Monday
Monday Making
Oh Scrap!
Moving It Forward



9 comments:

  1. What a sweet baby quilt! Momma and Daddy are adorable. Love your raffle quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet baby quilt! I'll say you had an inspiration! That's a beauty. Hope it raises lots in the raffle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your i spy quilt! It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinwheel Pines has so much motion in it. Love the cardinals amongst the trees! Oh I just noticed your button about the midwinter ALA meeting -- Seattle sounds like a great place to go. I'm sure there must be several fun quilt stores nearby. Are you going? Your I spy quilt is great. What size are the center blocks? I've got this fun pirate fabric but I haven't done anything with it cause I can't decide what to do. The pieces are odd size -- maybe 8 x 10" or so. I'd like to do something like your stars. (Especially if I can cut it using my Go Cutter!) Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby showers are a lot of fun. Your Pinwheel Pines blocks turned out beautifully! I really like the cardinals you added in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect! Pinwheel Pines is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so nice to have a gift appreciated. Great job on the Pinwheels quilt. The cardinals flitting about really add interest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both quilts are so pretty! That baby quilt looks so happy! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your addition of cardinals to the forest!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.