Monday, August 27, 2018

Weekly update: a finish and a flimsy


Ta da!  "Cardinals in the Pines" is finished!

It's 60 x 72 and used 8-5/8 yards.

The churn dashes in the pieced back are from Barb V's swap. I've used them in the backs of three quilts and still have a couple of dozen.





















I used white thread to quilt spirals.



My cutting table is also my basting table. The table is approx. 58 x 34. When I have the center of a quilt basted I remove the clamps and slide the quilt sandwich, bringing the sides or ends to the top of the table. I am careful to keep the backing taut.   Using the table this way is an incentive to finish basting because otherwise I can't cut any fabric.






And here's the new flimsy.   Judy Hoowarth's Razzle Dazzle Quilts was the inspiration for the setting.

Approx. 65 x 73,
4-1/2 yards.


I'm linking up with
Monday Making
Oh, Scrap!
Moving It Forward



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the finishes. I really like the flimsy. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, two beauties! I really like that Cardinal in the Pines using different shades of green with those pops of red. I need to remember to use orphan blocks on quilt backs. And that churn dash is so bright and cheery and dazzling. Congrats on all that work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flimsy is beautiful! I also use my cutting table to layer & baste my quilt tops. I like your incentive but mine is little different. It's a good way to MAKE me clear the cutting table of EVERYTHING! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both quilts are beautiful! You've been very, very productive.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.