Tuesday, June 19, 2018

I Spy published and the postage stamp flimsy



 One of the I Spy baby quilts I made last fall (more details here) used a pattern from McCall's Quick Quilts. I sent a picture to them and it's in the August/September issue. I got a complimentary copy in the mail yesterday. Apparently they will send me a quilt batt, too!

Here's the postage stamp flimsy.  It's 60 x 70, used 5 yards, and has 2,472 postage stamps (1.5").


On the schedule today:  audit committee for the Zion Woman's Club in the morning and a dental appointment in the afternoon -- plus downloading and reading documents for ALA. Oh, yes -- I need to pack my suitcase!  That will include an umbrella because it's going to be rainy in New Orleans.


I mowed the lawn yesterday morning when it was still relatively cool. Glad I did.  The front came through in the late afternoon, as predicted, with a cloudburst (2" rainfall) and a 20-degree temperature drop.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! (on the published photo AND the rain)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on publication! Way to go! Wish you could send us your cooler temps and some but not all the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is terrific news. You are now published. YAY!!! Although rain can sometime mess with our plans, I like that it cools down the temperature and cleans up the dust. I love New Orleans. Hope you have a fun time there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being published! First time? How exciting! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.