Monday, April 9, 2018

Weekly update: wedding shower and goal progress


On Saturday friends and family had a wedding shower for my niece at the groom's parents' house (just up the road west of Racine).  Though the bride and groom are registered at Target, I shopped in my vintage stash.

The suitcase is from Lillian's Legacy   The Fiesta c/s with figure eight tray was an estate sale find.

I was late getting to the shower because I took the wedding wheels quilt to Barb J., the longarmer.  We spent a long time selecting quilting patterns.

















Preparing the backing and getting the quilt to Barb was #1 of my four-part April OMG. 

Here is #2.  This runner will be a door prize at the GFWC-Illinois convention.  [I am not going to the convention -- AAUW-Illinois and P.E.O.-Illinois are all I can handle!]  I adapted the design from a Debbie Mumm pattern.  It is approx. 17 x 52.

I made four Night and Noon blocks for the April Block Lotto . There are some slick tricks to the cutting that make this easier to piece than you'd realize.  Note that I promptly trimmed the cutaway corner HSTs.

It turned out that I did NOT give a book review for the church women's group last week. It's the first Thursday of May. (My notes said, "April 5," but they have  a new program chairman who most likely said, "Can you come when you usually do? April? May?" and I wrote April. But May it is.)  That gives me three weeks to truly prepare.  Meanwhile, this week I will give a book review for my own church women's group (much less pressure).  AAUW is Tuesday evening. On Wednesday DH and I are going on a Frank Lloyd Wright field trip. And Friday is the Really Big Quilt Show (the International Quilt Festival) at the Rosemont convention center.

Monday linkups:
Design Wall Monday
Oh Scrap!
Monday Making
Moving It Forward



5 comments:

  1. Love that little Fiesta ware dish set. I sure hope she does too. Cute way to "wrap" it too. That table runner is spectacular. I really like it. Good for getting the cut off hsts sewn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now those are wedding shower gifts I'd love!

    What a beautiful table runner!

    And I love the Block Lotto blocks and would love a whole big quilt of them but for some reason I really didn't enjoy making them. I made two blocks - I don't have much in the way of yellow TOT for the background. If I ever do make a quilt I would probably chain piece a bunch of each step. And good for you for making bonus hsts already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Fiesta is lovely! I really like the table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual many thoughtful quilts. And what fun to gift Fiestaware in vintage luggage. Have fun with the book reviews, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you Chinese Puzzle blocks, great rainbow quilt. The wall quilt with pin wheels will be cute.

    เกมส์สล็อต

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.