Monday, April 2, 2018

March accomplishments and April goals


We had a pleasantly uneventful Easter.  The church service was at 9:00 (its usual time). There was no coffee hour this week.   I cooked lamb in the crock pot and served it with roasted vegetables and new potatoes. Orange-and-avocado salad.  Cheesecake for dessert.  Afterwards I put a half-cup of barley in the crock pot with the cooking liquid and let that sit overnight.  Now we have Scotch broth soup.

But this is not a cooking blog.  There's quilting to talk about!

March stash report:
Fabric OUT:  87-1/8 yards.  That includes 48 yards given to two quilters.  That means I used 39-1/8 in my own quilting endeavors.
Fabric IN: 2-1/4 yards, $13.50.  That's the 1-1/2 yards I bought for the  Dash of Color borders and 3/4 that I won at the quilt guild.
I sent as much as I received in the Whatchagot Box Swap so that's not in the tally.
Year to date:  OUT 226 yards.
IN:  19 yards ($20.10)
Net decrease: 207 yards

Dash of Color, unquilted


Dash of Color is quilted, bound, and labeled!   (I have a new HP printer that apparently does not like June Tailor printer-fabric sheets. I finally had to peel the fabric off the backing and edge it with masking tape so the printer rollers would grip it.)   It is a group effort by the ALA Biblioquilters for the scholarship auction at the annual conference.








Fussy-cut center












I used a wide blanket stitch to applique the wedge blocks to the green-striped background. Each trimmed block is 25" (unfin). I had 86 scrappy 3.5" nine patches on hand, half dark corners and half light corners, so I only need to make a few more for the border.


The soft green strips are cut from a garage-sale purchase. I was unable to pass up the bargain (3 yds, $1) but didn't think I'd find a use for the 1990's-era print.  This project will use about a half yard of it.




It's time to declare the April One Monthly Goal .  My OMG is to complete this entire list: 
(a)  Assemble the wedge wheel quilt, prepare the backing, and deliver it to Barb J. (the quilter)
(b)  Make a table runner for the Zion Woman's Club's donation to the GFWC-IL convention
(c)  Make two tote bags for the AAUW Gender Equity Fund silent auction at the AAUW-IL convention
(d) Catch up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge

I have an absolutely crazy schedule this week:  P.E.O. tonight, Woman's Club (lead hostess) and Friends of the Library tomorrow, quilt guild Wednesday, book review Thursday, Coalition board Friday, wedding shower for my niece Saturday.   Gotta log off and get going!
Crocuses in our back yard garden

Linkups:
Design Wall Monday
Monday Making
Moving It Forward
















11 comments:

  1. Your wedge wheels are wonderful - really like those fussy cut centers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wedge quilt and the centers are great! Good luck on your April goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Easter dinner sounds really yummy. You've been busy. Congrats on finishing off Dash of Color, it turned out beautifully. Good luck with your OMG list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wedge quilt is amazing. The border you are doing works really well with it. I am always at a loss when trying to figure out borders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flower borders on the wedge wheels. Thanks for sharing with Design Wall Mondays, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Your wedge wheels are fabulous. And, the floral centers are exactly what is needed. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. Good luck with getting it done. I know you can too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a printer that doesn’t like to grab those sheets either. I found that if I stuck about 2-3” of a label across the back on the leading edge all was well. You can buy half sheet labels and I cut those up into 2 pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter! I LOVE your wedge quilt! Good luck with those April goals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project. (You only need one!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every weekend i used to go to see this website, as i wish for enjoyment, for the reason that this this web page conations
    really nice funny information too.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.