Thursday, August 24, 2017

Eclipsomania!

(I meant to post this Monday afternoon.)

The eclipse was on everyone's mind on Monday.  It was also on everyone's social media outlets.  Facebook friends from coast to coast -- specially those on the route of the total eclipse -- - posted pictures and stories.  So many of the pictures looked like us:  upturned faces, eyes behind eclipse glasses.

I ordered five pairs of glasses (because that's how they came). I took the extra three to the library Monday morning.  I later learned that they were spoken for within five minutes.



I sent the selfie to WTTW (PBS) and they included it in their album of viewers' eclipse pictures.











We had pasta salad and melon for a patio
picnic.






 And THIS was the view at the peak of the eclipse (about 85%) -- clouds.

We did see the opening bite and the ending bite.
In seven years we can try again!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.