Friday, August 25, 2017

Teal mini swap and Capital Dames

This is the second year I've participated in Beth Helfter's teal mini-swap.  Proceeds from the participant registration fees go to ovarian cancer research in memory of Beth's mother.

I'm swapping with Liz in Connecticut. She said she'd like a mini-quilt and that she likes bright batiks.  That's no hardship for me!

The flower basket pattern is by Piece o' Cake designs. The border design is by Edyta Sitar. The center block is 12" fin; borders are 2-1/2" fin. so the mini-quilt is 17".

(The teal circles along the basket are the common fabric that all participants are to use in some way for their swap projects.)




Last evening Jenny Riddle   dramatized characters from Cokie Roberts' Capital Dames for the Lake County Women's Coalition's annual Women's Equality Day program. She was very entertaining! And now I've added the book to want-to-read list.

Left: as Dorothea Dix.


Friday link ups:
Finished or Not Friday
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop

9 comments:

  1. My mother died from ovarian cancer. I should participate in something like this. Please send me a link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...such a pretty little piece....anyone would love to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is so lovely with the cheddar background. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors in this bright little mini! Visiting from Busy Hands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mini! So pretty! Looking forward to seeing what come to you.
    I like Cokie Roberts and I've heard her talking about her book. It sounds good. So many books, so little time! Same is true for quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful quilt! So bright and fun! You always have such neat things going on

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love baskets and I love batiks, so you sold me on this design instantly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful quilt. I have been an oncology patient for a couple of years plus I have MS. I have decided to stop treatment and just enjoy my family freinds and enjoy my crafts. I do make wall hangings for our oncology department and wards. I only tell you this as I would love to buy the pattern and with your permission make one or two for oncology and one for myself. Thank you my email is lorraineshonacooper@gmail.com thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. That little quilt is SO pretty! Love the design AND the colors! Helping a great cause is always a good thing, too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.