Sewing centers me. When I'm upset or I feel displaced I cut up some fabric. As I sew the pieces together I calm down and regain equilibrium.
Knowing that, and faced with the prospect of not having access to my stash for two weeks (see the previous posts for details), I created a sewing room in exile. It's also our office, which is already full of files and books. I chose my Pfaff rather than the Featherweight or the 301 just in case I want to do zigzag. I kitted up (is "kit up" a real phrase?) some fabric to get a start on a few scrappy projects. I made sure to include spools of thread, extra rotary cutter blades, pins, and sewing machine needles.
I pieced and assembled Safari Strings. It is this month's HeartStrings flimsy.\ (One of my 2015 goals is to make 48 HS blocks each month, enough for a "standard" HS quilt. Click on the HeartStrings label to see the others.) The animal prints are left over from the quilt I made for DGD's graduation last year (this one). I didn't have enough of any one animal print for the center strips, so I used a black printed with coppery-gold suns. Each HS top (strips plus fabric foundations) uses 8 yards.
Now underway: I'm sewing 7"x 1.5" blue strips into sixes, then trimming the blocks to 6.5". I'm not sure how I'll assemble them.
I'm linking up with other quiltmakers at Judy's Patchwork Times and Beth's Love Laugh Quilt