Monday, April 6, 2015

DWM: in between projects

We had a lovely Easter: sunny and mild.  At church there was a potluck coffee hour at 10:00 prior to the 11:00 service. (I made a casserole with hash browns/sausage/eggs.)  Mid-afernoon at home we had lamb, asparagus, and fingerling potatoes. Dessert was light cheesecake (made with low-fat cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream) with orange marmalade topping.

On the design wall:  nine Sea Glass stars (white-on-white background) for the April Block Lotto . The instructions specified that the centers are of "made fabric," with at least four different prints in each. These nine-patches have nine different blues/greens.

I am nearly finished quilting Scrappy Joy.  I have two deadlines coming up: a tote bag for the outgoing chairman of the Lulu Corkhill Williams Friendship Fund (to be presented at the state convention in June) and a quilt for the outgoing Waukegan Area Branch-AAUW president (to be presented at the May branch meeting). There is a benefit to having flimsies (unquilted tops) on hand. Sparkling Jewels will be ideal for the AAUW quilt.

Busy week this week, with a meeting every day (some evening, some daytime).

I'm linking up with other quiltmakers at Patchwork Times and Love Laugh Quilt .

P.S.  Throwback Sunday: Easter, 1987, on Gamage Avenue in Auburn. Stevens was in his first year of seminary.  I can still fit into the necklace.  (I bought the jacket on sale at J.C. Penney and wore it for years.  I made the silk blouse (we called them "shells" back then) and the poly/linen skirt.)

4 comments:

  1. Your blocks really do look like seanglass. They are beautiful and just sparkle. I love your comment about still fitting into the necklace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to look back at ourselves in time...? I love your quilt top...it really does sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I like your sea glass stars! I am planning on some of those pointy stars soon. Can't wait to see how you set them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of cooking goes into your Easter Sunday. ;) Love those stars!!!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.