Sunday, November 20, 2011

Design Wall Monday: Orca Bay and more!

Weekend recap:  I sold three quilts at the library craft fair on Saturday!  In turn I purchased a few Christmas gifts and indulged in a batch of delicious peanut brittle.

Back in the studio: here's Sophie Anne's quilt, all finished except the label.   I had planned to put the words in the border but it was too much yellow.  The starry 'stained glass' print reins in the brights without dulling them. The words work just fine on the back along with a little owl. (The nursery has an owl theme.)....and Sophie Anne isn't due until the end of this week!

"Jolly Jester" will be swapped at the P.E.O. Christmas ornament exchange. (I maintain that ornaments don't have to go on the tree.)  This wallhanging is 18 x 24.  The pattern is by Pat Sloan. It was featured in the December, 2006, issue of McCall's Quilting.

And, finally:  my progress on Step 1 of Orca Bay, the 2011 Quiltville mystery.  I'm using Bonnie's colors (black, neutral plus red and blue).  

Check out other design walls at Patchwork Times and other Orca Bay progress at Quiltville's Mystery Monday.

16 comments:

  1. Well done on all your quilty work today. I haven't started the Orca Bay QSTs yet, and now I'm wondering how long it will take to get 60 / day done this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the brightness of Sophie's quilt. Great job on the clue 1 ... I'm only doing half numbers and mine are still in progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on selling three quilts! The ultimate compliment on your work is that someone is willing to pay for them, not just get them as a gift or donation. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Sophie's quilt, so cute! I've started on clue one, I have one little tiny square done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophie Ann's quilt is great. I love the back. I'm watching the Orca Bay progress of others. I'm not working on it, but I love Bonnie's quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Done! I love that Jolly Jester - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW...you've been busy with lots of fun projects. Love your little owl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Selling three quilts! Great for you! Your list of accomplishments for the week is staggering. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wall hanging is adorable. And Sophie's quilt is terrific. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you made a great choice on Sophie's quilt. The border is great and it's really nice to have something creative on both sides of the quilt. Love your ornament! Great progress on Orca bay - it's going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a bunch of great finishes and starts. Love the snowman. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun quilt. The name looks great on the back. Great progress on Orca Bay. Maybe the next step will be quicker?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the back of the baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hopping along Blag land tonight. Great to see you projects and the start on Orca Bay.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have been very busy! Great progress made on the Orca Bay.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.