Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Look what happened

I have a list of quilting projects that have due dates.  More accurately, I have a list of due dates for which I want or need to make quilts.

So what have I worked on the past two days?  Nothing on the list!

 Another quilt blogger posted a photo of a jelly roll quilt she'd just finished.  Her quilt   is  here and the design source is this 2016 post from Country Threads.  Inspiration struck like a lightning bolt. I don't buy jelly rolls. For this project I cut 2-1/2" x 10" strips from a variety of gray-and-white and brights.  The blocks are sewn in columns.  No border.  The blocks are 9-1/2" x 16-1/2" unfinished, the flimsy is 54 x 64, and it used 3-1/4 yards of stash.

Easy and snappy!


Wednesday link ups:
 Midweek Makers
Let's Bee Social



11 comments:

  1. Just laughing at your comment of not sewing things on the list! Aren't we all distracted by the prospect of something new. Gotta love quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nann,
    This looks like it was a quick, easy, and stash buster project! That is worth the detour from the list, I think. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I may have to try it. I have lots of strips that size in my scrap bins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice scrappy and quick sewing too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I certainly know how you can fall off the to-do list. Happens all the time to me! Thanks for sharing this great quilt on Midweek Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. I love it when inspiration strikes and you get a project going. Hum, I might borrow this idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very bright and fun! Sometimes you just have to take the detours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quilt is on my "to do" it's too! I love your version!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.