Sunday, January 29, 2017
Weekly update: spare parts flimsy
Here's how it started.
Here's the mid-point. Note that I put bullseyes in the 16" stars. I made two Yankee Puzzle blocks (lower right).
All the time I was in Atlanta (see previous post) I had a clear picture of the spare parts WIP back home on the design wall.
I needed something at the lower right corner to balance the dark-ish turquoise string blocks in the upper left. I then realized the top and bottom halves were off-balance. (Mind you, I had sections sewn together when I came to these realizations.)
Here's the flimsy!
Note that the green bullseye star is lower and the Yankee Puzzle blocks were taken apart and resewn as strips. I took out the turquoise string blocks and lightened up the corner considerably.
I auditioned several prints for the border. This picks up the overall color scheme and has some white, but not too much.
57 x 72. I estimate 3-1/4 yards.
And of course I have many more orphan blocks and spare parts in the box.
I'm linking up with
Main Crush Monday
Design Wall Monday