On Friday evening I finished quilting, binding, and labeling Chasing Rainbows. Hooray for a finish! I found just the right backing fabric but I had only four yards of it. As you can see it is obviously directional. The horizontal HSTs added the needed length. The vertical row of HSTs meant I did not have to try to match the print. [58 x 72, 4-7/8 yds used]
Saturday evening I made nine Barn Door blocks for the September Block Lotto. They're 6.5" unfin. and were really easy.
I need to designate a project for September's One Monthly Goal. I actually have a couple of need-to-do's, but since it is *one* goal I will narrow it down. In May I offered a t-shirt quilt at our Rotary Golf Outing auction. Eva M. was the winning bidder as a gift to her granddaughter Karleigh. Karleigh brought the shirts over yesterday. These are her from high school cheering squad. She's beginning her third year in nursing at Cardinal Stritch University in Milwaukee. I told her the quilt would definitely be ready by Christmas and most likely way before that. She said she'd like yellow and gray with a touch of black for the sashing and borders. I like that combination!
My September goal is to get the t-shirt quilt top assembled.
I'm linking up for OMG here
and with these quilting bloggers
Main Crush Monday
Design Wall Monday